The G20 Los Cabos is the most important forum for international cooperation in the most relevant areas of the economic and financial agenda. It brings the most important advanced and emergent economies in the world together.
The G20 consists of 19 member countries and the European Union:
|Argentina||Republic of Korea||Italy||South Africa|
|Brazil||France||United Kingdom||European Union|
Overall, they represent close to 90% of global GDP, 80% of world trade and two thirds of the total population.
Also among the invited countries and international organizations are:
International Organizations invited:
The overall coordination of the event is run by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
The objectives of the summit are:
1. Policy coordination among its members to achieve global economic stability and sustainable growth;
2. The promotion of financial regulations that would reduce risk and prevent future crises, and
3. The reengineering of the international financial architecture.
Other side events include:
- L20 (Labor union leaders of G20): their meetings will take place at the Playa Grande Hotel
- NGO (Non Governmental Organizations): whose headquarters will be the Forum of Cultures (Cultural Hall);
- T20 (Tourism Ministers of the G20) from may 14-16 in Mérida, Yucatán
- B20 (Business 20) that will take place on june 17-18 with the Hilton Hotel as its headquarters. About 300 investors and some of the most important entrepreneurs in the world are expected to attend.
- Pre G20, meetings between heads of state and other officials (Hotels: Capella/ Solmar / Playa Grande) from the 16th.
- Y20 (Youth 20) with meetings in Puebla that will be open on the Internet simultaneously.
- International Convention Center for conferences.
- Grand Faro Hotel in San José del Cabo as the International press center
- Barceló Hotel for those called “sherpas” or representatives of the leaders, also in San José del Cabo
The 6 headquarter Hotels for the heads of state and government will be:
Esperanza, Fiesta Americana, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Ventanas al Paraíso, Secrets Marquís, One & Only Palmilla. The assigned Hotels for the ministres are Dreams, Zoetry (before Casa del Mar), Riu, Me Cabo, Holiday Inn, Cabo Azul, Barceló, Finisterra, Grand Solmar, Playa Grande and more.
The Hotel Association of Los Cabos consisting of 51 members has provided 9,500 rooms of their existing 12,500 to lodge the heads of state, their guests, delegations, staff, safety equipment, media…for this historic summit to be held for the first time in Mexico and Latin America.
We have prepared different cultural and entertainment events for visitors and society in Los Cabos to share the excitement of the summit.
Concerts every night at the Cultural Hall, the beaseball stadium, the theatre, the town square, the house of culture of San José del Cabo and other areas.
G-20 – Important information
Thanks to Ali Ordonez of Lifestyle Villas who attended a security informational meeting yesterday at Fiesta Americana, held by the
Official Organizers of G-20: Lic. Julio Camarena & Chief of Staff General Miranda
The following are the most important notes from the meeting:
1. The toll road will be closed from the 14th – 19th of June. This will be open only to those transporting delegations. Anyone who needs to go to the airport will have to use the old route through San Jose Del Cabo
2. The Convention center will be open for the G 20 summit
3. All beaches including access to beaches from the Holiday Inn (Known before as the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel, next to
the estuary) allt he way to Punta Ballena will be restricted from the 12th – 20th of June
4. Highest concentration of Security will be in Cabo del Sol & Punta Ballena
5. Anyone who hasn’t submitted the names of staff by the 5th of June, of those who work inside of the developments or whom have any dealings with resorts where dignitaries are staying will NOT be able to access from the 12th until the 20th of June
6. You must carry official identification with you at all times when in Cabo from the 12th on
7. From the 15th until the 20th of June during the evening, there will be various events, concerts, movie screenings, ballet & exhibits at the cultural pavilion located in down town Cabo. All functions are open to the public & free
8. The Cabo San lucas bay & port will remain open as usual until further notice, possibly expect it to close on the 18th & 19th, but it is not official
9. All schools, hospitals & regular businesses will remain open, unless a decision is made by the actual institution
10. There will be no boat traffic allowed east of Misiones del Cabo towards the Estuary close to shore, but further out at sea it will be open for navigation.
11. This means that the popular snorkeling spots like Santa Maria, Chileno Bay & surf spots like El Tule, Acapulquito, the Rock & Zippers will not be accessible from the 12th until the 20th.
12. The Cabo San Lucas FBO (MMLS) is where all private jets will have to arrive who are not attending the G20
13. Be prepared to wait in traffic, so leave at least 30-45 min before your meetings or appointments, there will possibly be various check points along the highway
14. Don’t forget to smile, this is an unprecedented event in our destination,which we are certain will be a catalyst to re active foreign investment on our shores, in the near future
15. We thank all the authorities for the hard work & for bringing this event to our destination & we will keep you abreast if anything changes
16. If you are here during this event & want to venture out, there are so many places to see along the pacific coast towards Cerritos, Pescadero & Todos Santos and towards the east you have Santiago, Miraflores, Los Barriles, Bay Of Dreams, La Ventana & La Paz.
For more information, visit our blog about G20 Cabo.
How to Register
Click on the below link to register by going to our website. Just enter your detail and pay the registration fees.
Muestra Internacional de cortometrajes: Vive en CortoMuestra Internacional de cortometrajes: Vive en Corto
Do not miss this 4rd edition, the 30 th of August to the 1st of Septemeber. More information ...
Art Walk in San José takes place from November 1st through June 30th every Thursday at 5 to ...
The Organic Market San Jose del Cabo takes place annually every Saturday from 9am to 3pm starting ...